PolySpec® FLEX IMO is a uniquely formulated decorative polymer deck coverting system that combines aesthetics and fire safety. Through the use of proprietary technology. PolySpec® FLEX IMO meets IMO/SOLAS requirements for surface flammability, smoke and toxicity. PolySpec® FLEX IMO consists of a two-component, 100% solids epoxy resin base coat, color coat and a clear epoxy receiving and sealing coat. This tough system is finished with a scratch resistant clear polyurethane topcoat. PolySpec® FLEX IMO has been approved as meeting Parts 2 and 6 of Annex 1 of the IMO Fire Testing Procedures code and is calssified as a primary deck covering.
Coast Guard Approval # 164.106/18/0
- Mess Areas
- Allows for visibility and breathable air in the event of a ship fire
- Resists ignition so that fire cannot easily spread to other decks within the ship or drilling platform
- Extremely low VOC’s, almost no odor
- Decorative, seamless appearance
- Easy to clean and maintain